179th Annual Conference - June 3-5, 2018
Location: Pheasant Run Resort, 4051 East Main Street St. Charles, IL
Things to Know:
- Online Registration will open Monday, April 2. Check back here for the link.
- Hotel Registrations are open until May 11. The rate is $122 + 11% tax. Click here to book your room. There is a 48-hour cancellation policy.
- Gary Rand will be working with our worship team to develop worship services and lead us in worship during Annual Conference.
- The Conference will open on Sunday, June 3 at 4 p.m. with the Ordination Service. Watch for more information about clergy processional and all other related instructions.
- Clergy session, like last year, will be held at an earlier date on May 15, 2018. Bishop Sally Dyck will make the official call for that at a later time. Detailed information will also be shared in coming days.
- Among other business pieces, we will celebrate all who are ending their ministry as appointed clergy in a Retirement Service on Monday, June 4 and honor those who have transitioned into eternal life in a Memorial Service on Tuesday, June 5. Please remember to submit names of Lay Members to Annual Conference who have died since June 2017 to Megan Casey at email@example.com. Families, friends, and congregations are invited to attend the service.
- We will be offering the “New Member Orientation” on Sunday, June 3. Watch for location in the upcoming updates.
A few reminders:
- ALL historical documents and proposed legislation for the conference must be submitted by April 1, 2018, to Rev. Katie Voigt, @ ACdocuments@umcnic.org. No exceptions, please.
- Childcare will be available for those attending the Annual Conference for children 12 years old and under.
- Cokesbury Bookstore and Display tables will again share the space (selected rooms of the St. Charles Ballroom).
- Our onsite Accessibility Coordinator will be present to help with any needs (vision, movement, hearing, etc.), within our ability. Please be sure to indicate in your registration how we can extend welcome and hospitality to you during Annual Conference.
- For updates check back here and bookmark www.umcnic.org/AC2018.
If you are interested in ushering, greeting or volunteering during plenaries and worship services, please email Alka Lyall at firstname.lastname@example.org.