179th Annual Conference - June 3-5, 2018
Location: Pheasant Run Resort, 4051 East Main Street St. Charles, IL
Info and Resources
Download Fact Sheet
Download Bishop's Call Letter
Download Laity Call Letter
Speakers and Guests
Things to Know:
- Hotel Registrations are open until May 11. The rate is $122 + 11% tax. Click here to book your room. There is a 48-hour cancellation policy.
- Gary Rand and his band The Many will lead us in worship during Annual Conference.
- The Conference will open on Sunday, June 3 at 4 p.m. with the Ordination Service. Watch for more information about clergy processional and all other related instructions.
- Clergy session, like last year, will be held at an earlier date on May 15, 2018. This year it will be held at Christ UMC in Rockford, IL with guest speaker Victor Saad, Founder Experience Institute. Registration is open.
- Among other business pieces, we will celebrate all who are ending their ministry as appointed clergy in a Retirement Service on Monday, June 4 and honor those who have transitioned into eternal life in a Memorial Service on Tuesday, June 5. Please remember to submit names of Lay Members to Annual Conference who have died since June 2017 to Megan Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Families, friends, and congregations are invited to attend the service.
- Offsite childcare will be available for children 12 years old and under at Geneva UMC, 211 Hamilton St., Geneva, IL. Registration will be available through the AC registration.
- We will be offering the “New Member Orientation” on Sunday, June 3. Watch for location in the upcoming updates.
- Display tables are $30 per table and $50 if electricity is needed. Prices were raised this year because Pheasant Run increased their prices and the tables are larger. Please email Rev. Alka Lyall at email@example.com with any questions. Click here to register and the deadline to register is May 10. To download the guidelines click here.
- Announcements: Contact Deborah Tinsley-Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org to approve any announcements you wish to have projected on the screen.
- Blueprint for Wellness diagnostic screenings will take place June 4-5 (Monday and Tuesday) from 7-10am in the Ruby Room at Pheasant Run. Register Online by May 23: wespath.org > HealthFlex/WebMD Select “Quest Blueprint for Wellness”. Download the flyer for details.
A few reminders:
- ALL historical documents and proposed legislation for the conference were due by April 1, 2018, to Rev. Katie Voigt, @ ACdocuments@umcnic.org.
- Our onsite Accessibility Coordinator will be present to help with any needs (vision, movement, hearing, etc.), within our ability. Please be sure to indicate in your registration how we can extend welcome and hospitality to you during Annual Conference.
- For updates check back here and bookmark www.umcnic.org/AC2018.
If you are interested in ushering, greeting or volunteering during plenaries and worship services, please email Alka Lyall at email@example.com.