- The purpose of the Board of Laity is to prepare and encourage all people in a life of Christian discipleship. We will work to: Provide support and direction for the ministry of the Laity on the Local, District and Conference levels and to promote the observation of Laity Sunday
- Be a Connection between the Conference, District, and Local Church
- Focus on Building Relationship with District and Local Church Leaders
- Provide for the Training of Local Church Leaders, Local Church Lay Leaders, and Lay Members of the Annual Conference
- Develop and Promote Stewardship of Time, Talent, and Possessions
What we can do for you Our role is multifaceted. We foster awareness of the role of laity in their various settings. We promote programs, develop and promote stewardship of time, talent and possessions, provide for training for lay members of annual conference, provide support and direction for the ministry of the laity on the local, district and annual conference levels. We also promote awareness of laity Sunday and relate to lay servant ministries and other lay groups such as UMM, UMW, youth, etc. We can promote events and activities by funneling information through the various members of the BOL who are connected to the various ministries and groups throughout our Conference.
Laity Convocation 2015 Presentations
- Bishops Keynote
- No Matter the Height They Are Precious in His Sight!
- Send Me Lord!
- The Beauty of Diversity
- WWJWD What Would John Wesley Do?
- Laity Address 2014
- Lay Servants
- Laity Address 2013
- Lay Delegate Election Letter
- Lay Delegate Election Form 2016
Over 150 laity and clergy gathered at Barrington UMC on Saturday, February 17 for Laity Convocation 2017. This was a different Laity Convocation. We shortened the day and were together from 9 am to 12:30 pm. We started with an interactive and participatory Bible study led by our Bishop and then went into small group (less…
These were my remarks at the clergy session of annual conference, Sunday, June 5, 2016. I offer them for all as my reflections on General Conference. We gather in this clergy session and at this annual conference following a very tumultuous General Conference. I struggle with just what to say. I’m going to start with…
By Arnold Rivera Over the last four years we’ve celebrated the overall quadrennial theme, “Who is my neighbor?” and over Annual Conference we highlighted the theme of, “Walk by Faith.” I would like to share some thoughts on what I believe we need to do as we continue to walk together on this journey, and…