The First United Methodist Church of Palatine is a well-established but evolving church in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. The church is seeking a Youth Pastor who is an energetic “go-getter” for Christ. This person will need to be able to relate to youth 6th through 12th grade as well as with church leadership and members. Christian education for our youth plays a key role in the mission of the church and our goal is to provide and promote Christian principles to youth in our community. The Youth Pastor will report directly to the Pastor but work with other church staff, leadership and church families. We are looking for someone to bring a high level of energy and creativity to our programs. Interested parties please forward your resume and cover letter to:
or mail to:
First United Methodist Church of Palatine
Attn: SPRC Search Team
123 N Plum Grove Rd
Palatine, IL 60067
This search will remain open until filled.
1. A commitment to Christ and a calling to Youth Ministry
2. Bachelor’s degree, education or experience consistent with Youth Ministry and or seminary training preferred
3. Exhibits strong oral and written communication skills, including active listening
4. Requires passing a background check
· Reports to Senior Pastor
· This person must display a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ and strive to nurture the same in each young person.
· Have the desire to grow in one’s faith and abilities.
· Demonstrated knowledge of current youth culture and trends. Must have an adequate understanding of adolescent development.
· The ability to relate to a wide variety of youth—each with his/her own unique personality.
· Develop relationships with high school students, both at church and in their everyday life (school, sporting events, recitals, movies, etc.).
· Communicate with parents, providing them with support and resources so that the youth ministry is seen as a partnership in raising children.
· Be a vital leader in the church that enhances the worship, outreach, and fellowship of each young person attending.
· Self-starter who is highly motivated and passionate about planning and executing the future of FUMC’s youth ministry.
· Work approximately 20 hours per week.