If you would like to help replenish supplies, you can donate monetarily or with materials. Donate online or mail to MMDC PO Box 56, Chatham, IL 62629. Supplies bought through DollarDays would be the best way to donate, as they are shipped directly to MMDC at the Center’s bulk prices.
Click here for the cleaning bucket supplies list.
Several churches will be bucket drop-off sites:
- Channahon UMC, 24751 W. Eames Street, Mondays only, contact Lana Stafford 815-483-3796, Sonny 779-205-8077, or the church office 815-469-5275
- New Lenox UMC, 339 W. Haven Ave., Mon. through Fri., 9am to 2pm, church office 815-485-8271
- Sycamore UMC, 160 Johnson Ave., Mon. through Fri. 9am to 2pm, church office 815-895-9113.
- Barrington UMC, 98 Algonquin Rd., Mon. through Fri., 9 am to 4 pm, church 847-836-5540
- Elmhurst First UMC, 232 S. York Rd., Mon, Tues. Thurs. and Fri., church office 630-834-2440
- Libertyville UMC, 429 Brainerd Ave. Mon. – Fri. 9am – 3pm, church office 847-362-2112.
- Savanna UMC, 2100 Chicago (Route 64) Mon. through Fri., 9am to 12 Noon and Saturdays 4-6 pm, church office 815-273-2345
Bishop Cynthia Fierro Harvey of the Louisiana Conference is encouraging monetary donations and prayers. Read more how you can help.
Indiana needs disaster relief teams
Due to the flooding disaster in St. Joe County, Indiana (South Bend) a request is being made for Early Response Teams. To date, 40 homes were destroyed and more than 900 homes damaged. These numbers are expected to increase.
Full teams of 7 persons are requested but partial teams may be connected with another group to make a full team. If you are not trained, but are interested in being trained and can find 6 others, a special training session can be held. (ERTs must be trained and badged). The cost begins at $55.00 per person depending on the location of training. Teams are needed as soon as possible, so please contact Mike Irvine at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or (812) 554-0337. Click here for more info.