Today’s tech-savvy seekers turn to the Internet as their primary source for information. Local United Methodist churches can be prepared with an updated profile on Find-A-Church, which now has enhanced tools to create easily viewed events, social media links, and worship information.
New Find-A-Church features include:
- GoogleMap with movable pin to exactly communicate location
- Links to social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Plus and Instagram
- Updatable information about clergy
- Event listings for ministries in the church, including event-specific social media links; event management and registration functions are coming soon
- Calendar of information about day-to-day activities
- Optional link to Rethink Church national advertising message
- Easier formatting options for custom profile messages
To make it easier to update your Find-A-Church profile, United Methodist Communications is offering a series of step-by-step tutorial videos which are available online at www.umcom.org/tools/update-your-find-a-church.
7,500 churches have never updated their Find-A-Church profile, and more than 10,000 churches do not have a website including several in the Northern Illinois Conference.
“This is a free and easy to use tool for churches to make sure they have a searchable, welcoming presence on the Internet,” said Anne Marie Gerhardt, NIC Director of Communications. “Even if your church has a website, I encourage everyone to update their Find-A-Church profile so those who may be ‘church shopping’ can easily find more about your worship times, ministries and contact information.”
United Methodist Communications also offers web hosting services starting at just $5 per month. For more information go to: umcchurches.org.
With 1,000 people visiting Find-A-Church each day, this service is a no-cost opportunity for increased web presence and outreach, helping to open the doors of every local church to the community. To update your profile go to: find-a-church.org.